Thursday, October 14, 2010

Boston in the Fall...

Boston in the fall is one of my favorite things of all time. The more I go back and visit the more I realize just how lucky I was to grow up in one of the most beautiful places ever! If only I knew that and appreciated it when I was growing up. :) This trip was wonderful! We had awesome weather, got to see lots of old friends, and as always had a blast with family. This was the first time in ten years that I went back to the area where I grew up... I drove past my old middle and high school, I drove around Wheaton college where I played so many basketball games, and then actually went to see the house I grew up in (it was crazy because I actually was able to meet the homeowner and it ended up that it was the neighbor I grew up next to. He had bought the house and rents it out and uses the property for huge gardens- he remembered me and it was so neat to chat with him. It was a really neat surprise!) With all that, I ended up as one homesick girl! Really, it was funny b/c it was the first time in years I realized how much I miss being a New England girl. Eric and I do love it there and who knows, maybe we'll retire there someday :) for now, I have a new home in PA that I'm pretty excited about.
Here's the crew of kids getting ready to go apple picking! It's an awesome tradition!


We were so excited that the Bengtsons drove down from NH to visit with us on Saturday! Thanks guys! Shauna and Ben, we missed you, and hope to see you soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: