Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jackson and Carter 3 years Later...

Tomorrow is October 29th, the day that Jackson and Carter were born three years ago. Every year I say this, but I can't believe how much time has gone by and how quickly. This year is a little unique because I am pregnant with another little boy and it reminds me so much of my pregancy with the boys (except thankfully we are having no complications.) Today I had an ultrasound and it was just so reminiscent of all the scans I had with the twins.
This is the necklace I have worn almost every day for the last three years. It was a gift from Eric's cousin Kristin after we lost the boys. It has their initials on it and it is probably the most special thing I own. It's one of those things that you can never quite express just how perfect the gift is and just how much it means. It is just a part of me now and always reminds me of Jackson and Carter. Kaden and Kenzie both know what the charm says and Kenzie will tell people that "it reminds mommy of her (Kenzie's) brothers that are up in Heaven." That couldn't be more true.
The necklace also reminds me not to ignore God's promptings. I am the queen of the forgotten prompt... those times when doing something extra for someone, or sending that encouraging note... when God just places something on your heart. I am good at beginning, but I stink at follow through. But because Kristin followed the prompting and followed through to the end, she blessed me in an amazing way. So this necklace helps me remember that Jackson and Carter are with their Heavenly father, and it also helps me to try and follow God's promptings in my life.

So three years later, we love and miss our boys, but we know that we have a wonderful, ever-growing family here, and we will be thrilled to all be united someday with our complete family.

Happy Birthday Jackson and Carter
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jessica Jackson said...

Wow- time really does fly by. Its amazing how much has changed in 3 years, and how God has blessed you guys with Kira and Baby #4, in that time period. But, we'll always keep those little boys in our hearts.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, sweet boys. Monica, I am thinking of you and your family as you remember your babies. They are safe in the arms of Jesus.

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

okay, so i was reading this and getting a lump in my throat, not so sure why it was hitting me so deeply, then i realized the song that was playing. . .blessed be your name. . .you give and take away. what an amazing god! only HE knows exactly who to give to whom and who to take from whom at HIS perfect time. what a special family you have!