Monday, September 20, 2010

Conclusion: It's always something in my world...

I was running late get the kids from school... well not late, but just barely going to make it. All is going fine until the car in front of me does this...

Seriously it looks like an optical illusion, but nope it's not.

The elderly woman just stopped at the sign and then started to make a right, but instead kind of just drove off the road! I didn't know a car could do this... She put it in reverse and was just putting the pedal to the metal! I parked, walked over, tapped on the window, and suggested that I didn't think that would work b/c her wheels were not on the ground :) I helped her get out b/c as you can see the side of her car was about 3 feet higher than normal... Thankfully, another man pulled over to help b/c no sooner did I get her out of the car, she walks around front to check on the car and trips on the gravel and falls. I helped her up and noticed she was bleeding on her knee. She's insisting it's fine and I'm seeing that her pants are turning red. Within 5 seconds her pants are drenched, her shoe is completely red, and I'm applying pressure on a gash like none other. Right about now I'm thinking- really, is this happening? Is there a car randomly in the air, and did this nice lady choose to fall on the only rock in a 10 feet radius??? Well long story short, the police came, and after being pretty confused by the blood and my insistence that there was no accident, and explaining that the woman had tripped, I was allowed to leave.
Needless to say the kids we're picked up late, BUT at least they were picked up... I just might have forgotten that preschool is NOT full day and not arranged for anyone to pick Kira up this morning... I might have gotten a call from the school while I was out working for Agora about an hour away... Maybe that happened maybe not. Based on my track record I'll let you take a guess.

No comments: