Sunday, October 04, 2009

This is Eric. A rare blog appearance, but two quick things.

First, the first song on the blog is for a dear friend of mine. I recently discovered during a 75-mile bike ride with him that he was previously a member of the flobots and the lyrics of the song are written about him - well, only the first half... the second half are written by someone very dark and troubled. Oh, and the second two songs are just songs that remind me of Monica.

Second, I don't always keep up on our own blog (shame on me), and I just listened to that singer who was on SYTYCD. When did it become so hip to abbreviate things? I had NO idea what the heck SYTYCD stood for (and I'm sure a whole lot of other people don't either). I thought it was some sort of compact disc... hence the "CD" at the end of it. So I google SYTYCD and it is a TV SHOW!?!? So You Think You Can Dance. WTH (what the heck). TSD (That's so dumb). WAWAE,ETVS (why are we abbreviating everything, even TV (television) shows). RTGODWWTTTTWWWAWTS (Remember the good old days when we took the time to write what we wanted to say).

Good thing I have songs like "peaches" and "undone" to remind me why I love my wife!

1 comment:

danemr said...

Excellent song choice...now you'll have to excuse me while I take apart a remote control.

Eric, you've won the BAE award (Best Abbreviator Ever)!