Friday, August 21, 2009

Homework Helper???

This afternoon I invited my neighbor Linda over to make a little craft. It's a homework station. Her son Aiden is also going into 2nd grade and we thought this would be fun for them to start off the year. It's a little station to do homework at while at the kitchen table. I'm always hearing, "Mom, where's the ____." and now all the schoowork supplies are in one place. All the markers, flash cards etc are attached with velcro and they work really well. The scissors etc are all attached with magnets.
So, maybe the mommies like this more than the kids, and maybe they won't be any moreexcited about homework, but Linda and I sure had fun making them!
Here's to 2nd Grade Homework!

The one I made for Kenzie
(Book it calendar goes on the left, weekly homework list goes on the right)

The one Linda made for Aiden. She did such a cute job labeling everything. I might copy her, but I ran out of time.
So fun!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda said...

It was fun. Of course the kids have already lost the glue stick. UGH! Hopefully it turns up and it's the answer to prayer for homework woes!

The Chubby Dove said...

Sheryl told me about your homework station idea. Very cute!

Btw, your kids are adorable! (I'm sure you've noticed)

kim h. said...

Still don't have any idea how you have so much time on your hands to do amazingly crafty things--but kudos to you missy! :)